Film Reviews Inspired by Debunking Arab Stereotypes
Debunking Arab Stereotypes was presented at Schoolcraft College on February 15, 2015. In conjunction with the Arab American National Museum, this presentation was sponsored by the Schoolcraft College International Institute and Student Activities with funding provided by the Schoolcraft College Foundation.
The following film reviews were inspired by Isra El-beshir's presentation. Ms. El-beshir is the Curator of Education and Public Programming at the Arab National Museum.
- "Complications of a Discriminated Against Arab-Muslim"
Jessie Guindi, March 6, 2015
- "Finding the Good with Stereotypes"
Cody Petrlich, March 5, 2015
- "Labels are for Cans; Not for Us"
Emily Grummel, March 6, 2015
- "No Such Thing as Normal"
Brittany Bourdage, March 5, 2015
- "Othering of the Handicapped"
Zachary Hay, February 22, 2015
- "The Search for Humanity Gets Confused in Act of War"
Kenning Brichford, February 22, 2015
- "Stereotyping Due to Preconceived Notions of Other Races"
Ryan Barrera, March 6, 2015
- "Stereotyping vs. Typing"
Miranda Bator, March 6, 2015
- "Understanding the Unfamiliar"
Connor Kelley, March 6, 2015
"Eroding the Confidence of Young Black Females"
Briana Wilson, March 5, 2015
Selected as the first place essay in the 2015 International Agenda writing competition.