Film Prompts for Discussing Digital Literacies
In a lecture she gave as part of the "History and Future of (Mostly) Higher Education MOOC," Dr. Cathy N. Davidson identified the following digital literacies: privacy, security, intellectual property, safety, crap detection, collaboration, and global consciousness. The following analyses recommend films that could be used as prompts to discuss these and other literacies.
- "01001000011001010111001001101111 Hero"
Sean Michaels, February 3, 2014
Watch Dogs Fan Film showcases privacy and intellectual property.
- "An Analysis of PROXiMITY in Terms of Dr. Cathy N. Davidson's 21st Century Literacies"
Toshiki Yamada, February 7, 2014
PROXiMITY showcases collaboration.
- "Are You Safe?"
Kenneth A. Wood, February 7, 2014
They're Out There showcases safety.
- "Charlatanism and Overexposed"
Cameron Harrison, February 7, 2014
Overexposed showcases charlatanism.
- "Collaboration as a Necessity"
Adam Clark, February 7, 2014
Connected showcases collaboration.
- "Communication and Social Interaction"
Ryan Goyette, February 15, 2014
Signs showcases communication.
- "Interactive Learning"
Aaron Hagerman, April 13, 2014
code stars showcases collaboration.
- "Knowing When and When Not to Use Technology"
James Rausch, February 7, 2014
Take Diversion showcases safety.
- "Not to be Played a Fool..."
Miles Kinsman, February 7, 2014
Noah showcases multitasking.
- "Reality/Virtual Reality and the Challenge of the NSA"
Zooey Pook, February 3, 2014
The NSA is Coming to Town showcases privacy and security.
- "Social Media: Is it Really Necessary?"
Riley Bruen, February 9, 2014
The Anti-Social Network showcases social media.
- "Vocalizing Niche Interests and the Amateur Documentarian"
Zachary Marano, February 9, 2014
Cinematic Games showcases on-line communication.
- "You, Me, and Mike"
Alex Harris, February 9, 2014
Wiretap showcases privacy.